Thursday, February 20, 2014

Further Frazetta Sketches


More Frazetta sketches...I can't help it, I'm obsessed. Without the distractions of color or extra dimensionality, a good drawing has an essential quality unmatched in any other medium.  Nowhere is art more human, regardless of subject matter.
"Drawing is the honesty of art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad." - Salvador Dali





















These few sketches (on the cream toned paper) are from a single page of Frazetta's sketchbook, presumably for sale

















I have a rant about naked ladies and art, a rant which I will refrain from repeating here, but despite my serious boredom with sexed up art, I get the feeling that Frank Frazetta really liked women, of all shapes and sizes and dispositions. I like Frazetta's women because most of them have not only real hips and real bellies and real ten-days-on-a-murderous-jungle-rampage hair, but also real character. 

When they have teeth, they have teeth.



















No comments:

Post a Comment