Friday, June 20, 2014

Simulation Theory, Sexbots, and Sweet Potatoes

Long-exposure photo by artist Bruce Bischoff


Since I haven't posted anything in weeks, I thought I'd pop in and add, at the very least, a newsy sort of update.

Speculative literature journal Strange Horizons has published one of my poems, "Heirarch." This one comes from a series of posthuman poems that's been in progress for...well, for a long long time. Maybe it's not a series. Maybe I just like posthuman/Singularity/upload/simulation theory themes enough to keep writing about them.


And on that note, I have two other poems out now, too. The Canadian feminist literary journal S/tick will be publishing "Peeling Sweet Potatoes" and "GirlsGirlsGirls" in their upcoming issue, but both are also available online here. "GirlsGirlsGirls" grew out of the same posthuman roots as "Heirarch." How will our tools feel about us?

The sweet potato poem? Probably not technological at all, or is so only in its reference to a paring knife, that most perfect of manmade augments.

Another of Bruce Bischoff's "Bronson Caves" series

No comments:

Post a Comment